Here are just a few of the amazing things I love about my dad:
- When he’s happy, he sings “Tea for Two” as he’s walking around the house. (Only slightly off-key)
- He used to wear a t-shirt around the house that said “I may grow older, but I’ll never grow up.” It’s true. He’s still got a child-like enjoyment of the world, a sense of wonder and excitement about how things work and how cool it all is if you actually take the time to stop and think about it.
- He can do anything – or if he can’t yet, he’ll find a book, read about it, and learn how.
- He knows all the prices for all the Monopoly properties by heart, even when they’ve got houses or hotels built on them.
- When I was finishing up high school, he quit his job to go back and get a Ph.d., then started a successful solar panel company. He inspires me through his dedication to making good things happen in his own life, not just resigning himself to a ho-hum day-to-day existence.
- When we went camping when we were kids, he would always make up the best stories as we were all falling asleep together in the tent.
- He truly believes that there is life on other planets – it’s just a matter of time until we make contact. But his belief isn’t just wishful thinking . It’s based on reading scientific journals and weighing the evidence for himself.
- As he prepares for retirement, he’s already thinking about what his next project is going to be – what he’s going to learn and try and succeed at with his new free time.
I love you, Dad, and I’m so proud and lucky to be your daughter.