Here’s what I got up to today (other than playing Avadon for a good chunk of the afternoon):
- I checked on our garden, picked a few more cherry tomatoes, and pruned off some tomato leaves that weren’t doing so well. Last year, our tomato plants developed a whole lot of yellow leaves for some reason, and we found that trimming them off seemed to keep whatever the problem was from spreading as quickly. And despite a whole bunch of major pruning last year, we still had an amazing tomato crop. So this year I plan to be more on top of trimming off the dead and dying leaves, and hopefully that will help the plant do even better.
- I went to the grocery store nice and early.
- Daisy and I went to the dog park. It wasn’t one of our best visits – we went in the middle of the afternoon, so there was only one other dog there for a little bit. But we still had a good time, and our dog park is located inside a bigger park, so we had a nice (if overly humid) walk to and from the dog park.
We had planned to go to a 4th of July barbecue today, but J hasn’t been feeling well so we bowed out and stayed home instead. So today was pretty quiet for me – here are a few of the things I did:
- Finished Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein, which was a really incredible book. I’d highly recommend it to anyone who likes historical fiction, spies, feminism, or intricate plots and writing. I’d heard a lot of hype about it, and was pleasantly surprised to find that it was even better than I’d heard.
- Picked the first jalapeños from our garden – and 10 of them at that. Anyone have any good recipes for hot sauce? It looks like our plant is pretty prolific this year.
- Brushed Daisy’s teeth, which I think we need to work on being a little more vigilant about – a couple of her teeth are looking like they could use some TLC.
Here’s what I’ve accomplished today:
- I picked the first four cherry tomatoes from our garden (and ate them – they were delicious. Can’t wait for more!)
- I put away some laundry that’s been hanging around, ready to be folded, for most of the week.
- I packed to go to Long Beach Island for the weekend.
Because we’ll be out of town this weekend, I won’t be posting – I won’t even have access to a computer. So I’ll be back on Monday!
Our cherry tomato plant has just popped out its first tomatoes of the year! I can’t wait to eat them. Last summer we had cherry tomatoes coming out of our ears, so hopefully this plant will be just as prolific.