I seem to be stuck on a delayed posting schedule, but here are some of the things I accomplished yesterday:
- I did some more deep cleaning of our kitchen – scrubbing cabinet fronts, sweeping the floors, getting rid of counter clutter.
- I registered for a grad school class on reading interventions through the University of Phoenix.
- I made my own dust spray and tried it out by dusting our guest room. It seemed to make my dusting at least a little more effective. Daisy didn’t like it much – in the afternoon when she poked her head in there, she started barking at the combination of the minty smell from the dust spray and our big green exercise ball, which has always scared her a little.
Today was another super productive day for me – here are a few of the things I got done:
- J and I went to an open house in a neighborhood that we don’t know all that well, but that would be more convenient for both of our commutes. The house was amazing – very big for the price, recently remodeled, with lots of light and open space. But unfortunately, the neighborhood isn’t quite what we’re looking for right now.
- I made dinner by modifying this recipe for Grilled Sweet Potato Salad. I added chickpeas to make it a little heartier, substituted dried thyme for fresh, and added a little extra feta and vinaigrette to balance out the chickpeas. And since we don’t have a grill, I cubed the sweet potatoes, tossed them with vinaigrette, and roasted them at 400° for about 25 minutes, stirring them halfway through. We haven’t eaten it quite yet, but the couple of sweet potato cubes I sampled were delicious.
- I looked through the University of Phoenix’s summer course catalog for teachers. I’m thinking about taking Reading Diagnosis and Remediation, which I think would be really helpful for my efforts to reach some of the struggling readers at my school. We’ll see – I’m still mulling it over, and I may not take anything at all, but I’m reaching the part of my summer where I feel like I should probably be doing more with my time than just sitting on my couch with my computer.